A Career With David’s Heating And Cooling
We are always looking for talented career minded individuals that want to be a part of an outstanding customer service team!
Apply now by clicking here, or learn more about the available jobs below!
HVAC Technician Job Summary
HVAC Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel to homes and businesses on a daily basis as scheduled
- Perform consultations with customers
- Determine customer needs and discuss all solution methods
- Inspect current HVAC systems for effectiveness and safety
- Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC systems to increase longevity
- Conduct performance tests with specialized tools
- Troubleshoot HVAC systems.
- Repair failed HVAC systems
- Offer options including ongoing maintenance contracts to customers, and when
it’s appropriate offer options for upgrading to the newer more efficient HVAC
systems and accessories, while having a strong working knowledge of how the
products work and why it would be a good choice for those upgrades.
- Keep track of customer appointments and handling payment transactions
including cash, checks, and credit card payments on invoices.
- Maintain accurate inventory in the service vehicle assigned to you of all equipment
and HVAC resources
- Perform scheduled maintenance checks on the vehicle assigned to you, including
keeping it washed on a regular basis to preserve the company image.
HVAC Technician Requirements and Qualifications
- 3-5 years apprenticeship under a journeyperson preferred
- Certification through the Environmental Protection Agency to handle refrigerants
- Certification or associate’s degree from an HVAC program at a technical school or
equivalent verified on the job experience.
- Previous on the job training a plus
- Willingness and ability to do system change outs when needed is a plus.
- Strong verbal communication skills, ability to explain complex HVAC issues with
customers in a way they understand
- Critical-thinker, problem-solver
- Must hold state driver’s license
- Must be punctual and adhere to a daily schedule with multiple appointments in different locations
HVAC Installer Job DescriptionWe are looking for a hard-working, dedicated HVAC installer to join our team. The individual in this role will be responsible for installing, inspecting, and performing routine maintenance on our customers’ heating, cooling, and ventilation systems. We are looking for (preferred but not required) candidates who have experience handling, installing, or fixing HVAC equipment. And a candidate who will be a helpful and reliable member of our install team.
HVAC Installer Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform installation of HVAC related equipment following company policies and manufacturer’s specifications
- Carry out wiring of both low and line voltage to heating and cooling equipment
- Perform installation of copper refrigerant lines to air conditioning units, including brazing and soldering
- Perform installation of flex and sheet metal duct systems in residential and light commercial buildings
- Ensure connection of gas lines to heating equipment is properly done
- Receive all materials and equipment required for each job, confirm and load them into company vehicle
- Provide necessary support to other team members to be able to complete tasks on time as instructed by management
- Ensure all paperwork needed for each job is accurately filled out
- Carry out readings on machines with the full understanding of the implication of such readings
- Ensure, if assigned, company vehicle is kept clean
- Perform any other duty that may be directed by management.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for HVAC Installer Role
- 1-3 years HVAC installation experience perferred
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent; EPA certification a plus
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and customer service skills
- Must have an honest and dependable personality
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong ability to distinguish between various HVAC equipment
- Self motivated individual with strong ability to follow instructions and work alone, as well as work effectively within a team
- Ability to display professional company image
- Possession of valid driver’s license with good record of driving
- Ability to pass a background check for criminality
- Strong ability to write and read in English language
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 100lbs safely
- Strong ability to operate under severe temperature condition of 120 or more for long periods of time
- Ability to work on weekends, at night, and to work overtime if needed by company
- Ability to climb, stoop, balance, crouch, crawl, or/and kneel continually.
Are you looking for a job or are you looking for a company to retire from? Do you have a service heart and enjoy providing good service to insure that others are comfortable? Are you someone who enjoys learning new things and is also a creative thinker and enjoys sharing innovative ideas? We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team of professionals. Please fax your resume to 417-326-3093, email email@example.com, or Apply online now by clicking here.